This week we have been learning all about keeping healthy.
We started every morning with a run around the school field!
Our Finger Gym activities were:
- Sorting healthy and unhealthy foods,
- Using tweezers to pick up pieces of carrot,
- Colouring and cutting an apple,
- Writing a sentence about our favourite exercise or healthy food using the word ‘like’,
- Writing a sentence on a heart about something we love about ourselves.
We enjoyed many healthy challenges including dancing to the music and conducting a survey on Foundation’s favourite fruits…
On Tuesday, we enjoyed a fun day full of exercise including ball skills, races, parachute games and yoga.
We also learnt about dental hygiene, keeping our bodies clean, healthy eating, what happens to our bodies when we exercise and having a happy, healthy brain. On Friday afternoon, we enjoyed some activities and games on the field.
Another of our challenges this week was to use our new Story Shelves to write our own stories…
Here are some more photos from our week…
When we return to school on Tuesday 4th June, we will begin our new (and final!) topic, Going Global. You can find out more about this and also a whole school home learning challenge in your child’s Learning at Home book.
Have a lovely week 🙂 see you soon!