Before the Easter holidays, your child received a paper copy of a “Ten for Ten” revision pack full of a range of Arithmetic, Reasoning and SPaG questions to attempt, if they wanted to. Since then, we have also started our Tuesday after-school Revision Club sessions in the build up to SATs week.
We are aware that some parents and children would like some extra materials to work on at home and because of this, we are attaching a range of Maths, Reading and SPaG papers below. As with the “Ten for Ten” materials, these are NOT COMPULSORY and we would like to remind you that your child works incredibly hard at school (as you will have seen from their books at our recent parents’ evening) and that it is extremely important to have a “work-life balance” and enjoy this glorious weather that we are currently experiencing!
Handy hints if your child would like to attempt these papers:
Things that will help with the reading are:
- Read for speed. Set them challenges for the reading text. Can they read it in 5 minutes? Try again. How about 4 minutes?
- Discuss words that your child is unsure of. What might the word mean? Is it a precise meaning of the word? Can your child use the word throughout the day? Perhaps set a challenge, e.g. can they use it in two different sentences?
- Ask your child if they can give you a brief summary of the text including just the key points.
- Is your child reading the question properly? e.g. if the question says ‘tick two boxes’ are they doing this? If the question asks for a sentence, have they written a sentence correctly punctuated and does it answer the question?
- If there are 4 possible answers to a question, encourage your child to narrow down the answers to just two. From there, can they then pick the most appropriate?
Please see below for a range of GPS test papers. We have included the answers to the grammar papers so that you can go through these with your child.
For the spelling, you will need to read out the ‘script’ document so that your child can complete the spelling on the test paper.
Please see below for a range of Arithmetic and Reasoning papers. Answers are included within the document, so you are able to go through these with your child after they have completed the test.
SPAG 1 Answers
SPAG 2 Answers
Spelling 1 Script
Spelling 1 Test
Spelling 2 Script
Spelling 2 Test